My friend, Carlos
So. I didn't eat today.
Now let me explain.
Last night I packed myself a lunch. Oh, it was lovely: broccoli/carrots and dip, yogurt with a granola/craisin/chocolate chip mixture to add to it AND A SPOON!, mini dill-pickle rice cakes, and a chilled sparkling lemonade. Threw it all in a grocery bag and shoved it in the fridge. Splendid.
So this morning I brought it to school, and after class everyone went to McDonalds for breakfast. But not I, for I had a lunch. Brilliant! Didn't have to spend a dime. Who needs lamp-baked sawdust and deep-fried muffins anyway? So with lunch in hand, I, like a joyful schoolgirl, galloped down the stairs to the empty couches in the foyer. I lay out my English homework, open up my grocery bag, and....
... !!!
It's a head of cauliflower.
Glory.
Now here's the kicker: there I was, the second week of school, sitting all by myself on the couches laughing hysterically at a bag of cauliflower... ???
Hah. Hahha.
Apparently my parents keep our half mauled cauliflower in grocery bags in the fridge? And apparently I grabbed the wrong bag? Needless to say, my locker now lingers with a stench similar to mouldy garbage, and Carlos the Cauliflower happily finds himself back in the fridge.

Now let me explain.
Last night I packed myself a lunch. Oh, it was lovely: broccoli/carrots and dip, yogurt with a granola/craisin/chocolate chip mixture to add to it AND A SPOON!, mini dill-pickle rice cakes, and a chilled sparkling lemonade. Threw it all in a grocery bag and shoved it in the fridge. Splendid.
So this morning I brought it to school, and after class everyone went to McDonalds for breakfast. But not I, for I had a lunch. Brilliant! Didn't have to spend a dime. Who needs lamp-baked sawdust and deep-fried muffins anyway? So with lunch in hand, I, like a joyful schoolgirl, galloped down the stairs to the empty couches in the foyer. I lay out my English homework, open up my grocery bag, and....
... !!!
It's a head of cauliflower.
Glory.
Now here's the kicker: there I was, the second week of school, sitting all by myself on the couches laughing hysterically at a bag of cauliflower... ???
Hah. Hahha.
Apparently my parents keep our half mauled cauliflower in grocery bags in the fridge? And apparently I grabbed the wrong bag? Needless to say, my locker now lingers with a stench similar to mouldy garbage, and Carlos the Cauliflower happily finds himself back in the fridge.




1 Comments:
DANG!
Post a Comment
<< Home