9.13.2005

Drink Deep

Oh my.

I'm stressing.

School is murdering me. And it's not like we've even had any homework yet. But the professors just keep on giving more and more due dates for major assignments and I'm freaking. I thought that I was handling it well, but a series of events today led to a semi-severe breakdown. It was pitiful, to say the least, but was also much needed.

Yeah, so I apologize for not updating. I just feel ridiculously overwhelmed and would covet your prayers and encouragements. I'm really going crazy, and it's only the first week. And whatever I do I don't want to put the spiritual on hault because the physical is tugging at me whichever way I run, but it seems like it would be easiest to just give in. I've committed these 3-4ish years (I'm not sure how long I'm going to stay anymore) to strengthing my values and who I am, developing my giftings, walking into my calling, and impacting those around me. I long to live from the depths of my "Spiritual Well", drink deep - satisfying and thirst-quenching. To taste Living Water and live by it alone, yet the waves of the world crash at me from every direction.

Please pray that I would learn trust and faith, that peace would keep my soul, that I would keep the strength to hold on, that I will keep continual desire to seek wisdom, that the Father's favor would continue to rest upon me, that my friends and supports would keep close, that I would get my priorities straight, and feel free to pray whatever other bountiful, blessed things you feel led to declare over my life :D

Love you all.

3 Comments:

Blogger JLW said...

Hey Carissa...
referring to your previous post...yes for the college jeans! I still wear college jeans even though my college days are now a year over. Maybe I should start wearing 'I have a job' jeans. Unfortunately I'm not exactly sure what they would look like. I am wearing a nice dark pair of jeans right now...that would probably be the best idea. After all, once you are working, it is good to look more professional. As jeans in themselves are not exacly professional, the only way you can pull off a semi-professional look is by wearing dark jeans. So now I am wearing 'I have a job' jeans, which are very dark in color.
As for life in college - hang in there. 'Real' life has a way of kicking you in the teeth sometimes, but it's always worth it when you push through. I would encourage you to not look at your homework as homework...but instead as an assignment that God has given you to challenge and teach you. It's easy to plug through homework...but your life gets changed when you really go deep and view it as something more than completing a paper or getting the grade. There are many projects I did in school that have really defined who I am today and where I am today. Be responsible and accountable, but also pour your heart into getting as much out of it as you can. Remember, the profs at Vanguard don't just give you a project just to give you something to do, or to cram more knowledge into your brain - they give it to you in hopes that you will come out of college a different and better person than you were when you entered. Vanguard is really good that way - they really do care about who you are (if you are ever in doubt, go and whine to PA, he will straighten you out - hehehe).
Anyways, this has been extraordinarily long for a mere comment, so I will draw to a close. Love ya, keep on pluggin!

14.9.05  
Blogger tay said...

"To taste Living Water and live by it alone, yet the waves of the world crash at me from every direction. "

I'm glad its not easy.
I praise God that it isn't.
Who would you be.

I love you and, I am praying for you.
I will see you tomarrow night.
LOVE TAYBIRD.

14.9.05  
Blogger Dawn said...

Carrissa,
I fully agree, colledge is really stressful and it is hard to find time just to breathe. I want to encourage you, the way that you put words down is overwealming to me. They have such depth of thought and creativity that it just pulls you in and make you want to read more! It is a beutiful gift that has been given to you and you use it well! As for the stress of school, i will pray for that, and if you ever just need a cry, you know whos here (me) to lend a shoulder and a klenex box! So, i pray that you would live from the depths of your "Spiritual Well", drink deep - satisfying and thirst-quenching. Stay in the word, stay under the coering of the holy spirit by spending time each day in His presence! Keep going, keep fighting, and you will perservere! (James 1: 2-5)I love you, God bless, Dawn

17.9.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home