it's Raining. it's Pouring...
What an absurd day.
It was my last day at work today. How odd?
It all started when my clock skipped ahead an hour in the night, possibly when I was setting the alarm last night. So instead of walking out of the door at 7:50am, it was ten to 7 and I had an hour to kill.
When I got to work it was raining. A regular customer (grande latte & a grande bold - or Dave as we now know him to be named) gave me a thank-you card and a $20.00 tip for a last day going away gift, and it made my day. It pretty much rained all day.
I think today would've been the worst day ever if you're a Starbucks customer though. We basically paid no attention to the customers and just ate going away party food in the back. I was alright with that. It was good. So much for legendary service though. Mmmm.... 7 layer dip.
I got our in-store Furby (nicknamed Beelzebub) as a parting gift. He's sitting here beside me right now. Apparently I'm supposed to take him to ENR with me and take pictures of him everywhere - on Bibles, in bed, by the pool, at the alter, etc. etc. They bought me a disposable camera to do so. I'm not looking forward to this. People are going to think that I'm bonkers.
It was a weird day spiritually though. Can't really explain it. I tried, but didn't succeed so much. There was something heavy - but good heavy. My heart was racing the entire day. Whenever I ate I felt like I couldn't keep it down for the life of me. I would get those funny twitches (Danae knows what I'm talking about, lol. Oh, I love Danae so much) in the middle of walking or something normal. On my break I was bubbling up with something ridiculous - mainly laughter/tongues. I had to try and keep a straight face while I walked to the bathroom to hide myself so my coworkers wouldn't think that I had lost it. And it was one of those days when I knew what non-regular customers wanted before they even asked. Haven't had one of those in a while.
It was Rick's last day yesterday and he came and visited me and I sure cried. And then Laura lost it too. Annnnd we all cried. But not really, just us two... at separate times. Hm. I wrote Rick a note with that hour I had to kill in the morning.
I had to fill out a "Partner and Asset Protection Questionnaire" before I left. It took over an hour. They tell me some money (~$50) went missing a couple weeks ago and they're trying to find it by making everyone fill out scary forms where you're not allowed to think about the answer, or use a pencil to erase, or correct yourself. When you're done they psycho-analyze every word you said in order to see if you were lying or not. It was intimidating/hilarious. For example: "DID YOU TAKE THE DEPOSIT? ARE YOU LYING RIGHT NOW? WHAT WOULD YOU SAY IF YOU WERE LYING?" etc.
That's all for now. I will go read.
It was my last day at work today. How odd?
It all started when my clock skipped ahead an hour in the night, possibly when I was setting the alarm last night. So instead of walking out of the door at 7:50am, it was ten to 7 and I had an hour to kill.
When I got to work it was raining. A regular customer (grande latte & a grande bold - or Dave as we now know him to be named) gave me a thank-you card and a $20.00 tip for a last day going away gift, and it made my day. It pretty much rained all day.
I think today would've been the worst day ever if you're a Starbucks customer though. We basically paid no attention to the customers and just ate going away party food in the back. I was alright with that. It was good. So much for legendary service though. Mmmm.... 7 layer dip.
I got our in-store Furby (nicknamed Beelzebub) as a parting gift. He's sitting here beside me right now. Apparently I'm supposed to take him to ENR with me and take pictures of him everywhere - on Bibles, in bed, by the pool, at the alter, etc. etc. They bought me a disposable camera to do so. I'm not looking forward to this. People are going to think that I'm bonkers.
It was a weird day spiritually though. Can't really explain it. I tried, but didn't succeed so much. There was something heavy - but good heavy. My heart was racing the entire day. Whenever I ate I felt like I couldn't keep it down for the life of me. I would get those funny twitches (Danae knows what I'm talking about, lol. Oh, I love Danae so much) in the middle of walking or something normal. On my break I was bubbling up with something ridiculous - mainly laughter/tongues. I had to try and keep a straight face while I walked to the bathroom to hide myself so my coworkers wouldn't think that I had lost it. And it was one of those days when I knew what non-regular customers wanted before they even asked. Haven't had one of those in a while.
It was Rick's last day yesterday and he came and visited me and I sure cried. And then Laura lost it too. Annnnd we all cried. But not really, just us two... at separate times. Hm. I wrote Rick a note with that hour I had to kill in the morning.
I had to fill out a "Partner and Asset Protection Questionnaire" before I left. It took over an hour. They tell me some money (~$50) went missing a couple weeks ago and they're trying to find it by making everyone fill out scary forms where you're not allowed to think about the answer, or use a pencil to erase, or correct yourself. When you're done they psycho-analyze every word you said in order to see if you were lying or not. It was intimidating/hilarious. For example: "DID YOU TAKE THE DEPOSIT? ARE YOU LYING RIGHT NOW? WHAT WOULD YOU SAY IF YOU WERE LYING?" etc.
That's all for now. I will go read.



2 Comments:
Can I please, please, please pose with the furbey? I have many, many very hilarious idea's that we can do with said furbey. Ohhh... It will be funny... I'll even hold him preaching, if I happen to speak one of the evenings!
LOL!!! Oh Kayle, *chuckle* you have my blessing in befriending Beelzebub... (the Ferby, of course. No dice on befriending the Devil). oh dear...
Post a Comment
<< Home