5.26.2005

Dance like David. Dance, dance...

So. Today's grad at JP. And I'm going. I was supposed to work, but didn't go in, so that's good. I should probably be getting ready right now though seeing as I didn't do anything but talk on MSN last night. Hmmm.... yay procrastination!

So, basically I'm just writing this one for Taylor. Yes, you taylor. I'm pretty sure you're the only one that reads this anyway. hoorah!

Well, we sure had good times on Tuesday indeed. Here's our story: As we were listening to Cloud by Day (which is one of the most amazing cds I've ever heard in my life, and if you can get your hands on it, by all means, please do) by Joanne McFatter in the youth office, this song came on:

"I hear the sound of thunder, I think it's going to rain. Let's get ready. We're going to get wet when it rains. Gotta get ready. Gotta get ready. Gotta get ready." And Joanne goes on to say that getting ready is like taking your shoes off, rolling up your pant legs, getting ready. So get ready to run out and play in the rain!

So what did we do? Kicked off our shoes, rolled up our pants, and danced in that river flooding through the youth office, of course. We went for a pretty long time as well... my calves were sore after. It was a good time of freedom.

Hmm, what else should I say?

I see that a lot of Christians in Edmonton (including myself alot of the time) are bound by a spirit of timidity. This is something I noticed especially at Global Prayer a couple weeks ago. We haven't realized our power and freedom in Christ. And I think that it's essential that we learn to dance in this freedom! To challenge what the institutional church has taught us is proper, and be open to the leading of the spirit. And we need to encourage each other's freedom. When someone kicks of their shoes, don't condemn them for the growth opportunity. Just become a child again, kick off your shoes, and get undignified!

2 Samuel 6:20-22
"David returned home to bless his family. Michal, Saul's daughter, came out to greet him: 'How wonderfully the king has distinguished himself today--exposing himself to the eyes of the servants' maids like some burlesque street dancer!' David replied to Michal, 'In GOD's presence I'll dance all I want! He chose me over your father and the rest of our family and made me prince over GOD's people, over Israel. Oh yes, I'll dance to GOD's glory -more recklessly even than this. And as far as I'm concerned . . . I'll gladly look like a fool . . . but among these maids you're so worried about, I'll be honored no end.'"

3 Comments:

Blogger kaylealive said...

What? Only one reader??? Come on... much more then one. Two. There, you doubled your readership. It's not everyday something doubles.

27.5.05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was really fun.
Next time our river should flood out into they gym, amen?

30.5.05  
Blogger Carissa said...

Kayle: well thanks for being my number two fan. or perhaps you're even the number one, but you'll have to take Taylor up on that one hehe...

Taylor: AMEN FOR THE RIVER FLOODING INTO THE GYM! hallelujah.

1.6.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home