5.01.2005

child, come be with Me

It is undeniable that my Daddy wants to be with me. It is undeniable that God wants his children to know him, yet we still run from him. I run. I run in fear, I run from my calling, I run to the distractions, I run away.

And I am tired of running away.

I am sick of my disobedience; I need to learn how to listen. I am desperate to hear God’s words and what he needs me to do. I want to be his servant here on earth, and I am learning that the best way to increase hearing is to increase intimacy.

God wants to be with his kids. He wants to speak with me, but all too often I do not take the time to listen. I do not take enough time to praise him, to rest in him, to learn from him, to wait on his spirit, to make him bread (1 Kings 17:12-15) and to drink his wine. This year I have been blessed with hours and hours of free time, and over the last while I have finally become willing to give it up to spend time with my Creator. All evening I am running to my Father only because I want know him more. Unless I learn to praise him in my room, I will not be able to effectively lead a church in worship. Unless I learn to pray for people in private, how will I able to speak it to their faces? And until I learn to hear God’s voice when I am falling asleep at night, I will not be able to do it when I am going about my busy day.

The ministry that God gives us will be a natural overflow of what we experience in our private worship rooms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home