6.01.2005

The Scoop

And so. Here's the buzz:


  • Went to grad. It was fun. drove around in a limo wearing a lovely gown. made new friends. talked to old friends whom i love deeply. we laughed. we cried. we danced the night away. and PS: Angelo is a still a poohead for dumping a bottle of water on me. goodtimes.

    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    I don't have any other pictures yet, so there's me getting ready)


  • Went to YC. It was tiring. drove around in a yellow school bus wearing dirty clothes. mentored grade seven girls. rarely saw the old friends whom i love deeply. we laughed. we cried. we rocked the night away. and PS: I fell asleep on the lawn and woke up to an 11 year old gazing deep into my dreary eyes asking random questions. goodtimes.


    What else is new with me, you might ask?

  • Well, I painted on my wall. Not a very good painting, I'll add. Mostly because I don't understand paint at all, but it was memorable nonetheless.

    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    (there's a tiny little picture i took)


  • So here's some FUN: At Starbucks today our water system decided to not work so we had no water. OH JOY! So I challenge you: try making coffee, steam, espresso, tea, etc. etc. etc. without any water. Then try explaining to every single customer why they can't have their caffiene fix. ...it was an interesting day to say the least.

  • I'm getting a cap put on my root canaled tooth tomorrow because it's cracking in two and will cost roughly $900.00 (yuck)

  • I got my guitar fixed and am in love with it again (still can't play worth beans though)

    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    (hoorah for my pinkpick!)


    I think that that's it for boring newsish stuff about me. On a more spiritual note:

  • I talked to a friend tonight about division and footholds that Satan is getting a hold of on in specific groups in our church. He felt in his spirit that it has become very essential that we all must pray together against whatever is happening. That there will be unity and family, selfless spirits, for truth to be known, blessing over our church body, wisdom in the leadership, etc. Hopefully we will start getting together again soon (maybe tomorrow?) for Heaven shaking prayer meetings. But until then please seek the Father's Heart with us and intercede in the comfort of your own computer chair.

  • And lastly, Taylor, I got your email and thought that it was splendid (as I said in the reply) so since my readership has doubled to two people ;) I hope neither you nor your father will mind me doing a lil' copy-copy, paste-paste.


    "I was just working in my garden and I noticed that my roses are ready to bloom and it's only May 30th. Just then, my neighbour who is 75 yrs old and an avid gardener calls me over to look at his tomato's which are covered in blooms and have fruit on them. Then he tells me he hilled his potatoes yesterday, he went on to say that in all his years living in Northern Alberta that he has never seen such a thing in May. You never hill potatoes before June 15 and tomatos and roses do not bloom in May.
    "Immediately I heard the Father say in my spirit that we are in an accelerated season. Be Prepared, the natural reflects the spiritual. Be Prepared, the young will mature quickly. Be Prepared, the supernatural will follow the natural. Like Amos said:

    "'The time will come,' says the LORD, 'when the grain and grapes will grow faster than they can be harvested.' Amos 9:13 NLT"


    TADAAH!

  • 2 Comments:

    Blogger kaylealive said...

    Advice, sort of, concering what's happening at church. The truth is the seedbed for all demonic stuff in the church is unresolved offense. Do not let offense take a grip on your heart, or the hearts of those you are connected to. It is important in this time to only speak blessing, truth and life over all groups you are involved with, especially those accusing and dividing. We really do have the power of life and death in the tounge. Jesus told us that we are required to forgive even 70 times 7 during one single day. I think it's in Matthew somewhere where Jesus teaches to agree with those who persecute you. So they say something bad and you say, "yes, you're right in whatever and now can you pray for me right now that I will be strengthened in this area."

    Seems strange, but that instantly difuses the attack. You don't need to be controlled by their accusation, but you can agree and give your point of view and then ask for prayer.

    Don't let offense get a foothold. Speak only blessing. Be an amassabor.

    1.6.05  
    Blogger Carissa said...

    Thanks for the advice/exhortation. What you wrote is very true and has a lot of power. I'm built up and challenged, especially because this is something that I'm growing in.

    You see I find that I tend to get so caught up in emotion and frustration, especially when I see where a group is called to be (and the potential that they have!), but it looks like they are running off in the completely opposite direction. It breaks my heart so much. Sometimes I just feel like giving up - leaving the church. Going somewhere it is easy. (haha...easy. pfft.) And during these emotional circumstances it begins to feel right to condemn and curse the wrong that is happening, instead of coming to it by the opposite spirit and releasing blessing and words of life over God's children. My words have power not only in condemnation but also in blessing.

    Yes. So, I've been praying about this throughout the day, and I felt a peace almost. But then I was like, hmmmm... peace. Wait, it's more. FAITHFULNESS. yes, faithfulness. ahhh....... *sigh*

    Even though it gets hard for me, God will always be faithful. Even though it feels to me like things are out of control, God has us in his hands. And even though I feel like giving up, the Father will never lose hope for his kids.

    (Lamentations 3:21-31)

    2.6.05  

    Post a Comment

    << Home