Prayer
"Father, I want to know Thee, but my coward heart fears to give up its toys. I cannot part with them without inward bleeding, and I do not try to hide from Thee the terror of the parting. I come trembling, but I do come. Please root from my heart all Those things which I have cherished so long and which have become a very part of my living self, so that Thou mayest enter and dwell there without a rival. Then shalt Thou make the place of Thy feet glorious. Then shall my heart have no need of the sun to shine in it, for Thyself wilt be the light of it, and there shall be no night there. In Jesus' name, Amen."
(The Pursuit of God)
(The Pursuit of God)



3 Comments:
Beutifully breathtaking entry.... it gave me a scene of old english countryside.. to part with ones comforts...with ones life for the sake of the thing that is greater is an astonishing thing.... may God grant your prayer... grow and be blessed!
i like the part about the light and the sun ...... thats wicked sweet .
How many times have we talked about this.
Its changing.
its the whole Gold story.
loveyou.
Post a Comment
<< Home