1.28.2007

Worlds Fall Apart.

I am so restless.
Still, I sit here on a timeworn, wooden chair.
A story of the past, those ill-belonging, beloved spots of age-old paint.
I've known the groove of this seat for too long.
Its ups and downs. Its essence of "undermost" conformity.
I ache to move, but wait to see. Separate, we lean forward.
I grip the flat of the seat between my groaning legs and stare
At a less-than-empty, off-white canvas as I watch Another's hand.
Oh, how my fingers long to know again the straight of that brush.
The unstoppable fearlessness held in its unpredictable movement.
Once was mine to have, to hold--no longer. Somewhere I surrendered.
Not willing to move, I wait and watch the masterful Artist.
Illegible lines and fateful patterns--a mess of enthralling color-dance.
Dumbstruck I sit. Few understand and all who don't abandon.
And Still. I am here on a timeworn, wooden chair.


6 Comments:

Blogger Dave Wood said...

No question...you have a gift.
As I sit here on my chair, the comfort that I only felt a few minutes ago is now gone and in it's place is left a restlessness.
Somehow I need to feel...

30.1.07  
Blogger Rob Petkau said...

Does the master artist inspire you to create too? (Exodus 31: 1-6)

30.1.07  
Blogger Dawn said...

mmmm.... as always the words on the page spring out and grasp something within me that cannot be explained.... the words a slight remedy for the tatered soul! Thank you!

30.1.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You saw me, i saw you... and it was wonderful! Thank-you for the blessing of you~ Dawn

3.2.07  
Blogger JP said...

Do you write music at all?

8.2.07  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey.

thanks for always being real. i don't think i have ever seen you "fake it" or try and lie about who you are.

i love that about you.

18.4.07  

Post a Comment

<< Home