Prayer
"O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, the Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, `Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.' Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wandered so long. In Jesus' name, Amen"
[The Pursuit of God]



1 Comments:
Carissa,
HI! I'm home...I was thinking we should go for Death by Chocolate but I went to West Ed tonight and it was closed for renovations...how depressing, I guess we will have to put off our spectacular chocolatey death. Call me or email me, I really want to take you out for coffee or something this week.
Post a Comment
<< Home